Mar 13, 2011

Drew's 1st Haircut!

Well, the time came for our little shaggy guy to get his first haircut! Some may say it was a wee bit overdue. I prefer to think he was going for the Justin Beiber look. He's very stylish for a 13 month old.
My good friend, Andrea, owns a kids hair salon in Katy. I thought we should take Drew there for his first haircut. Matt had other ideas. He really wanted to give Drew his first haircut.

Before we took Drew outside and put him in the highchair, I asked Matt what his plan was for the haircut. When he said, "I don't know," it should've been a red flag. When he came outside with KITCHEN SCISSORS, it should've been a red flag (don't worry, I made him use hair scissors). When I thought about our luck in general when it comes to things like this, it should've been a red flag!
All was going well for the first few snips.
Then, Matt went to make a cut in the front and....swish! Drew swung his head around.
Ooops.
Poor baby Drew.

Then, Matt got gun shy and didn't want to finish trimming the back up. So Drew had SUPER short hair in the front (uneven super short hair in the front) and long scraggles in the back. So, I decided to trim up the back. Right when I was about to make a cut, SWISH again. He moved his head and BAM. Another chunk.



I think his face says it all.

I think he's got Andrea's # on speed dial now...

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my, I am laughing so hard right now... Trust me, when it comes to haircuts, it is best to leave it to the professionals! :)

It's only hair, though, right??? He'll need another haircut in a month or so. Until then, at least you have a good story to share. ;)

I love your humor, Thia! Your commentary is the best!

Raymond Kilgore said...

HA HA HA I'll bet Andrea is glad you gave him a haircut after the parade!!!
hee hee

He does look like such a big boy with his new hair cut...
precious boy!!!!
Love,
Mimi

Melanie J Williams said...

I was really expecting to see a bald baby. It's not as bad as it could have been. I mean, kitchen scissors, really? Or maybe, it's really jacked up and the pictures don't show it all that well. Drew is still super cute!

The Poth's said...

Haha..I have a feeling you will be telling him this story over and over when he gets older. It really doesn't look that bad in the pictures though, he looks so cute!

Jason said...

This was hilarious! I laughed out loud.

Oh, and I used kitchen scissors to give Caden his first . Does that make me a bad dad...or just a bad barber?

Richard & Natalie said...

Oh he still looks SO cute! Aren't you glad you documented this little event with photos? A story for years to come! HAHA