Feb 21, 2011

Houston, we have landed!

You can take the girl out of Texas....but she'll come back!

We are in the process of moving to Houston! Matt's started his new job and we are down here in an apartment until we find a house. Molly is studying abroad with my parents in Carrollton. I think they might want to keep her from the reports I'm getting! I already miss so many people in Hobbs. We spent 5 years there and a lot of great things happened while we were there:
  • Matt found a specialty in IT that interests and challenges him
  • He started his own business and was successful (so proud of him)!
  • I got my masters degree in education
  • I became a teacher
  • We made some great friends
  • Drew was born!
Those are some big bullet points, in our opinion. Hobbs will definitely hold a special place in my heart. On the other hand, we are so excited about all of the opportunities here in Houston! Our first order of business is finding a house. I didn't realize how tiring that would be with a 1 year old in tow! I'll keep y'all posted on the house front.

Here are some pics of our cutiepie Texan and his cheeser face :)

I love this little guy!!! Look at those teeth - you can seriously drive a truck through them! Cutie pie!!!

Drew's not even close to walking yet. The doctor said not to worry - that he just isn't motivated. Imagine that, my kid is lazy - LOL! Sorry Drew, I think you inherited my athletic (in)ability! So I found the one thing that motivates him ---- FOOD! Here he is following a cheerio trail around the table.

3 comments:

Mary's Pics said...

I love Drew's smile...He is such a cute little Texan!!!
I am so glad that ya'll are back in Texas and are a little closer to us.
We are enjoying our visit with Molly. She is really a good doggie.

The Poth's said...

I completely forgot about everything y'all did in Hobbs...a place you'll never forget. Love the cheerio trail too, way to get creative mama!

Gran said...

We live in Sugar Land. Ask Sarah for my number.