Feb 23, 2011

I've been out of the city for too long...

Last night I had plans to meet up with some girls I know from college for a girls night out. They sent me a message with the name of the restaurant and time to meet. I looked it up online, Matt came home from work a little early to watch Drew, and I headed out. It took almost an hour in traffic to get there.

When I pulled up there was a sign that said "Valet Only - $4" and I thought, "Dang, these girls go fancy!!" I valeted my mom-mobile, complete with carseat and Cheerios in the floorboard, and walked into the restaurant. It was fancy. Like linen tablecloth fancy. And I was the only one in jeans. That's as far as my first-glance observations went when the host asked how many would be in my party. I told him that I was meeting a group of girls there. He looked at me and said, "Uh, we don't have a group of girls here right now." I took a second glance around the restaurant and noticed that I was the only female. ONLY female. As in, it was all men. Gay men. Yup.

I guess in the big city there are multiple locations for the same restaurant name. Hmmmm. Good lesson, good lesson.

So, I hopped back in my mom-mobile (they took pity on me and didn't even charge the $4) and headed home. Another hour in traffic. So all in all, I spent about 2 hours in the car just to come home and eat left overs. Awesome.

:)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, wow.... I would have paid BIG bucks to see your face when you realized that you didn't fit in at that kind of establishment. Ha ha! That is the kind of thing that would only happen to you! ;)

Mary's Pics said...

Oh my!!!

Melanie J Williams said...

Yup, there's a 100% chance that would not have happened to you here in good old Hobbs! You should have asked where a good place to get a hair cut was, I'm sure they would have known.

The Poth's said...

hahahah...love it!

Keri Armentrout said...

oh my gosh! laughed out loud! you poor thing--I would have been so deflated. And I hate traffic.

The Scogin Family said...

Oh, that's hilarious!!! :) Sounds TOTALLY like something I would do!! You'll get back into the hang of the big city stuff soon, I'm sure! :) Glad you're back! If you're ever in the B/CS area, come visit! :)

Richard & Natalie said...

LOL!!! Ahh the City life... multiple locations for the same business. A similar scenario happened to me once, although not as hilarious nor as unfortunate. When I lived in Austin a friend asked to meet me at a Scooter's Coffeehouse ( a small chain), just off of Loop 1. So, I go and get there and she is late. I call and she said she is just pulling up to the Taco Cabana next door and will be there in a minute. I go outside to meet her and stand outside of the Taco Cabana next door. There were two exact strip malls along the same highway, 5 miles apart!