Apr 6, 2011

First Steps!

Drew took his first steps today!

We were practicing walking (holding onto my fingers) and I did my normal trick of slipping my fingers out of his grasp. Usually he immediately gets jelly legs and crumbles to the ground in a heap, but today he just stood there, got his balance, and then took 2 full steps on his own before he bent at the waist and made a teepee. We both cracked up laughing and then called Matt to celebrate!

So excited for this milestone! He should be walking sooooon!

8 comments:

Richard & Natalie said...

Go Drew!!! That is so exciting!!

Mary's Pics said...

Way to go Drew!
I can't wait to see a VIDEO.
I want to see that cute little boy.

;0)
Mimi

The Poth's said...

Oh my goodness....GO DREW, Go!!! So fun...can't wait to see him take a few steps next week!!

Andrew and Kala said...

Way to go, Drew!

Sarah said...

What a big boy milestone!!! He'll be running around like crazy in no time. Good job, Drew!

Susan said...

Thanks Cindy! Congrats to Drew for taking his first steps! He is so cute!

NaomiRobinson said...

Woo hoo! Go Drew!

Melanie J Williams said...

I know I'm later to the party here, but yay for Drew!