Jun 16, 2006

Recipes and Books

Until school starts for me in July, I've got lots of time for reading and trying out new recipes...let's hear some suggestions!

I'll post any good recipes or books that I come across too (assuming I find the library out here...)!

Lately, I've been reading an author named Tess Gerritsen. Love her books. She went to med school, so all her books are scientific murder mysteries. Don't read if you have a weak stomach (lots of autopsy details).

As far as recipes go, I haven't really made anything that's really super special. My fave green bean recipe is:

3 cans green beans
2 Tbl soy sauce
1 Tbl minced garlic
sliced almonds
Heat until warm

I know, it's not gourmet, but it was a new recipe for me :) Now, bring the suggestions on!

7 comments:

The Poth's said...

Hey sis..I like the new layout! I'm thinking of switching ours around too! I don't have any recipe suggestions - but I made you breakfast casserole for work again on Friday and people are still raving about it! So great job!

Mary's Pics said...

Well, looks like you are going to be a good cook. You must have gotten that from DAD.

Love, MOM K
Keep cookin.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy!

You won't find any recipies from this part of the country. My kitchen doesn't even have a/c! Booo! But, I'll keep an eye out for good books!

Hope you're enjoying being back in Texas! Miss you!

Brooke said...

Girl, You know I don't cook. I already gave you my 1 recipe! Taco Soup!
Hope you are doing good!

Anonymous said...

Cindy, just make sure you cook any chincken all the way through--ha ha! I love the new look to your site!

Mary's Pics said...

Banana Nut Bread
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups sifted flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed RIPE banana
1/2 cup nuts
9X5 pan 350 for 45 to 50 min

Anonymous said...

Hello Cindy - from Lexington, KY. I am going thru your blog and love reading your comments and seeing the pictures. Just read you like Tess Gerritsen books. I've read quite a few of hers (maybe all - I'm not sure) and like everything I've read. Maxine and I are still reading. I read too much and don't get anything else done. When I find an author I like, I try to read all their books. Will continue on down the page. Hugs
wanda from Parker