Oct 13, 2012

2 days after my last post, we ended up back in the hospital with Drew.  Long story short, he had a very severe hemiplegic migraine that put him in the PICU for 2 days and then on the neurology floor for another 5 days.  Now that we know what is going on, his treatments are much better and his recovery time has been unbelievably faster than last time (March).  A few weeks after the hospital stay, he is back to his antics....Smiling, "helping" me with laundry....
 ***Note to self: Leave washing machine lid closed!!
 ...and having great days at MDO!  

Love this kid!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I hate to hear that sweet little Drew required another hospital stay. Bless his heart. :-( I'm glad to know that he his recovery was much quicker, though. Having the correct diagnosis makes all the difference in the world. I pray that he remains migraine free and has no further complications. Love you, Thia!

Mary's Pics said...

I am praying that he stays migraine free too. I am praying that he doesn't fall and bruise his sweet little head again.

He growing up so fast. He doesn't look like a little baby anymore.
He is so cute...he was trying to help you by washing the salad dressing.ha ha ha Did he put his shoes in there too?

I love the notes the teachers send home about Drew's day at MDO.
It makes me happy to see when he has great days.

I love him bunches...
Love,
Mimi

The Poth's said...

Love that he is back to his cute, happy self! I wish we got notes from Preschool/MDO too - I love that he is doing so well there! And I'm glad you get a little "break" (kinda) too :)