Sep 7, 2009

Nursery - "During"

In observance of Labor Day weekend, Matt has been laboring away!! He has really been working hard on little Andrew Luke's nursery. I forgot to take some "before" pictures, but imagine a gold/burgandy room that we liked to call "The Venetian." Last summer we replaced the 80's brown mo(u?)lded (as in shaped, not actual mold growing on it) carpet. Little did we know it was the first step in changing EVERYTHING in this room!
Matt has painted the ceiling, stripped away the old baseboards, put 2 coats of baby blue paint on the walls, cut new baseboards, and painted the new baseboards! He's in there hammering away right now installing the baseboards. We also bought crown moulding!!! I love love love huge baseboards and crown moulding, so I think it's going to turn out cute! Love my hubby!!!!!





7 comments:

The Poth's said...

I love the color! Great job Matt - the room is looking great! Does this mean you have picked out fabric too?? Call me.. I want to know the details!

Jason said...

I wish Matt the best of luck with the crown molding...It is much harder than base boards. Thankfully, it looks like the room is square. Our nurseries were not.

Jason said...

Oh, and I love the TV just outside the door.

halie said...

Looking good! What are you doing for the bedding? Can't wait to hear about it!!

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

HAHA - yeah he had to have his TV for football! My mom is making the bedding!! I'm so excited :)

Sarah said...

Yay - so fun!

aimdonj said...

It is very cute! I also love the name. I assume that is his name?