Aug 1, 2009

Tower & Tower Bridge

We visited the Tower & Tower Bridge excited to see the Crown Jewels and the site of all the beheadings! The Crown Jewels were UNBELIEVABLE. One of the diamonds was over 500 carats. Most of the jewels were authentic, but in some cases they replaced the original jewels with crystals and passed the jewels on so that they could be used in other crowns, etc. I was excited to visit the gift shop after seeing that exhibition - thinking that I might be able to score a replica, but the gift shop was a hokey let down!
After checking out the jewels, our next stop was to see the site of the beheadings. I told Matt to ask the guard where the guillotines were, so he did. The Beef Eater guard replied with, "This is Britain, Mate! We use the AX!" HAHAHAHA Oops. Wrong country.
So, we headed to the White Tower and stumbled upon a special display about Henry VIII: Dressed to Kill. He was quite a character.



1 comment:

The Poth's said...

I am so impressed that you have already put up all these pictures! Looks like y'all got a chance to see a lot! Did I tell you that Lindsay & Greg were in Paris recently too - I don't think it ended up being the same days...but wouldn't it have been funny to run into them! Call me!