Sep 6, 2008

Italia Installment #3: Pompeii


Mt. Vesuvius

We took an organized trip (our only official tour) to Naples and Pompeii. This is Mt. Vesuvius about 2000 years after the eruption. Frescos from Pompeii showed the mountain to have a much pointer peak. So this is what it looked like after the top half blew off! CRAZY. This was one of my favorite parts of the trip. I was the little annoying student following the guide so I could hear every word :) Way better than the history channel!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This is all very interesting - I'm totally going to use you as my "phone a friend" if I am ever on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire!

The Poth's said...

Great explanations! They seem to be very ahead of the times!

Hannah said...

Cindy, It looks like you had a great summer! I just wanted to thank you for posting a comment on my blog. It's nice to know others remember Aaron, since most of my friends now didn't know him. I appreciate your prayers.