Sep 20, 2008

Golf, Snakes, and Pants Half Down

We just got back from our first ever real golf tournament together! I am a horrible golfer, but today I did OK. It was a scramble and we actually used three of my shots (a drive (!), a putt, and a chip)!!!! But the best part of the day was my bathroom break. It's rare that the bathroom is the highlight of the day, so let me explain.

I went into the handicap stall in the clubhouse, mainly because it was the biggest and no one else was in there. I was sitting there, taking care of business and looked over to SEE A SNAKE IN THE CORNER OF THE STALL. This is not a joke. I could not make this up if I tried!!!!!

At first I thought he was dead, but then his little tongue came out. And then went in. And then came out again. GROOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I HATE snakes.

So I was in a pickle. Should I finish my bidnass? Should I scream? Was the snake going to come get me? Was the snake scared of me? If I left without flushing, would my rescuers see my bidnass?

Did I mention: I HATE snakes???

So, I did what any redblooded girl from Dallas would do. I jumped up, flushed (to save my rescuers from seeing my bidnass) and ran out of the stall with my pants down.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

So I fixed myself up and ran out...then I screamed !!!!!!!!!!!!!


CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE THIS???


And to think, I already used the blog title "You Know You're In A Small Town When..."

5 comments:

The Poth's said...

He used your drive! That's awesome! We always knew you were athletic!

I actually can't believe you were quite that calm w/ the snake...I would've thought you'd scream and take off running w/ your pants down - not caring who saw your bidnass! I'm very proud! :o)

Sarah said...

Girl, you are crackin' me up!!! I would have freaked out too.

Way to flush your "bidnass" before exiting - you're such a lady! :)

Sarah said...

By the way... are you sure that it was a snake? Or was it a worm? I seem to remember a certain strawberry blond roommate of mine declaring that there was a "lobster" in the backyard. When I raced outside to check it out, I had to strain my eyes to see a tiny little crawfish in the grass.

Do you remember the story of the boy who cried wolf??? JK - Love you!

Mary's Pics said...

HA HA HA HA HA This gave me a big laugh.

You know..... I thought that I heard a scream on Saturday. Now I know that it was just you in New Mexico when you saw that snake.

I am also surprised that you didn't run out while screaming you lungs out and tripping on your pants.

This was a great CINDY story for sure.

HA HA I really miss you and your adventures.
Love, MOM

Brooke said...

Girl, this is hilarious!