Dec 10, 2005

Movin and Groovin

We started moving today! We don't officially close until Monday, but the owners let us have the keys on Friday. I took a bunch of pics but left the camera over at the new house, so I will post all the "before" shots sometime soon.

We have already made a few improvements: Matt installed a new wax ring for the toilet (an absolutely disgusting, yet neccesary task), I replaced all the nasty gold cabinet hardware with new "brushed nickel" (oh so trendy). And we went down in the crawl space to patch up the furnace ducts. I tell you, that was an adventure! We were down there duct taping the ducts (how appropriate) when I looked over and saw a little pair of beady green eyes staring at me through the darkness. FREAK OUT. Turned out to just be a nice fat cat with a collar, so I guess he was just out for a nap in our CRAWL SPACE. Weird cat. Guess I'm the skerrdy cat! It's not so fun to jump three feet when you're in a three foot crawl space...

Now we are back at the old house swaping the washer/dryer that came with the new house for our set. I use the term "we" rather loosely. You all know I have no muscles :) Poor husband is doing all the manual laber. He prefers to do the lifting and I do the organizing/cleaning. Works for me! I hate to sweat :)

We'll keep you posted on the new adventure.

In other news, I had a traumatic Friday when I looked down at my wedding ring and a prong was BROKEN OFF. My diamond was just flailing about. Teeter Totter. As if it didn't have a care in the world. This wouldn't be so bad IF 1). Matt hasn't been telling me to get the ring insured for about 4 months 2). It wasn't Matt's mom's diamond that is on the loose 3). I had listened to the jeweler when she told me to sauder the bands together because they were going to rub and a prong would eventually break. So now I look newly engaged with a single band solitaire until I can get my wedding band fixed. Maybe we'll go out tonight and see if people will send champagne to our table as a congratulatory gesture...

Bon Noir mi Amigos

3 comments:

Brooke said...

GIRL!!!! You bettah get that fixed! I would have freaked!
Congrats on the new house! Can't wait to see it!!!

Mary's Pics said...

HA HA HA I laughed out loud..I could just see you ( in my mind) under a house and seeing those green eyes looing at you.....! I am glad that it was only a little kitty cat.
I am happy for you and Matt. I know that you will be very happy in your new home.....so far, far away....;0)
Sorry about your ring.

Brooke said...

Girl, you need to do some updating here! I will forgive you this time due to the move! ha ha!!!